Gilthead seabream is usually cooked on a grill. But we offer you something special here. Try this recipe for baked gilthead seabream with Salvia sauce. Creamy-caramel taste of this flavorous sauce gives the dish an amazing zing. The combination of sage leaves and basil is what creates a wonderful odor and taste of the sauce. The flesh of gilthead seabream is white and tender and has few bones. And you can’t think of any better sauce than our creamy-sage Salvia sauce!
Ingredients for Gilthead Seabream with Salvia Sauce
1 gilthead seabream (about 2 lb)
Salt and spices to taste
2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
3-4 parsley stalks
2 garlic cloves
Recipe of Gilthead Seabream with Salvia Sauce
- Wash, scale and gut the fish. Rinse in running water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Coat the fish with olive oil
- Season with salt and sprinkle with any spices if desired.
- Stuff the fish with parsley and garlic cloves.
- Place the fish on oil-coated baking sheet and bake at the medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Learn about making Salvia sauce from our entry for Salvia sauce recipe.
- Arrange the fish on a serving plate lined with lettuce leaves and serve hot with the creamy sage sauce.