Try this creamy Salvia sauce featuring fresh sage leaves and green basil. That’s a tasty way to enrich your menu as it goes well with seafood, fish and meat. This sauce gives any of these dishes a gourmet kick. Sage leaves sautéed in butter have a fabulous creamy-caramel taste and splendid odor. Salvia sauce is pretty thick, so if you want to make it more watery, simply add some more milk.
Ingredients for Salvia Sauce
1/2 -2/3 cup (150-200 ml) milk
3 tablespoons (50 g) butter
2 tablespoons flour
5-6 fresh sage leaves
4-5 basil leaves
3-4 tablespoons white dry wine
Salt to taste
Recipe of Salvia Sauce
- Put flour in a dry frying pan and brown lightly, stirring regularly.
- Then stir in butter.
- Add finely chopped sage leaves, stirring constantly, and sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly and steadily pour milk in.
- Stir regularly.
- When the sauce starts getting thick, add dry wine.
- Then put finely chopped basil leaves and finely grated nutmeg.
- Keep stirring and season with salt.
- Cook for additional 1-2 minutes. Your sauce is done.