https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/panini-con-scarola1.jpg 380 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2014-03-26 12:09:422014-06-25 11:04:39The Recipe for Escarole Neapolitan Buns
Escarole buns are a great snack during the day. This so-called street food is common in Naples. The buns are sold in bars and pizza houses.
These buns are like pies with cabbage.
Ingredients for Escarole Neapolitan Buns
for the dough
- Flour 00: 400 gr.
- Water: 100 ml.
- Milk 100 ml.
- Soft butter (often used in Naples tallow strutto): 3-4 tbsp
- Salt, sugar: a pinch.
- Fresh yeast 20 gr.
for the filling
- Escarole one.
- A handful of raisins.
- handful of olives
- Salted capers 1 tablespoon
- Pine nuts: 1-2 tbsp
- Salt, olive oil to taste.
- Clove of garlic.
Recipe for Escarole Neapolitan Buns
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with sugar. Add a few tablespoons of flour and wait for the yeast to activate.
- Then add some salt, milk, and sifted flour. Knead elastic dough that does not stick .
- Roll into a ball and place in a bowl, cover with foil. Leave for 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling, as for pizza calzone on this recipe.
- When the dough has doubled, place it on the table, roll into a plait and cut into equal pieces.
- Flatten each piece, put the filling into the center and pinch the edges.
- Lay the buns onto a baking sheet seam side down. Oil them and leave for 1 hour.
- Bake for 180C (356F) until golden.