Lasagna is one of the best and most famous dishes. Hearty fragrant lasagna is usually served for lunch or dinner.
It is very convenient to cook bolognese and béchamel sauces in advance. When the sauces are ready, you can cook lasagna quickly, and it will not be too difficult to bake it at the proper time.
We add mozzarella in lasagna bolognese. Although, this is not in the original recipe, but we recommend, because it turns out very tasty.
Ingredients for Lasagna Bolognese
- Minced beef or veal: 500-600 gr.
- Tomato puree (passata): 400 gr.
- Onion: 1
- Carrot: 1
- Celery: 1 stalk
- Smoked pancetta: 50 gr.
- Mozzarella: 150 gr.
- Grated Parmesan: about 50-80 grams.
- Red dry wine: half a glass.
- Olive oil, salt.
- Sheets of pasta for lasagna
- For the bechamel sauce: 25 gr. butter, 20 g. flour, 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 200 ml of milk, a couple pinches of nutmeg and salt.
Recipe for Lasagna Bolognese
- Pour some olive oil into the pan and fry sliced onions, carrots, and pancetta.
- Add minced meat, chopped celery, and wine. Once the alcohol has evaporated, add the tomato puree.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover your dish and simmer Bolognese sauce for about an hour. The sauce should be thick.
- Next, cook béchamel sauce: melt butter, add flour, and fry it lightly. Then add milk, stirring constantly; when the mixture thickens, add cheese, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cook lasagna sheets in salted water, one by one. Put sheets on a wide greased dish, so they do not stick together.
- Place pasta sheets in a greased form, spread some béchamel sauce and put a layer of Bolognese sauce on it; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Put the slices of mozzarella.
- Cover this layer with another lasagna sheet and repeat the procedure, alternating layers until the form is filled.
- Bake lasagna for about 30-35 minutes, at 180C.