https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Ingredients-for-Pancakes-with-Herring-and-Onion.jpg 332 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2010-02-11 00:11:262010-02-10 18:13:50The Pancakes with Herring and Onion Recipe
There are many fillings for traditional Russian pancakes. For example, we enjoy pancakes with herring and onion. You can take salted or smoked herring for this recipe. Maybe you would also like to try pancakes with fish and onion filling.
Ingredients for Pancakes
- 0.7-0.8 lb flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 0.2 pt kefir
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- soda on the tip of a knife
Ingredients for Filling
- 4-5 herring fillets
- 1 onion
- vegetable oil to taste
- You can read how to bake pancakes here The Recipe for Thin Pancakes.
- When the pancakes are ready, it’s time to make the filling. Chop herring fillets finely. Dice an onion into very small cubes.
- Mix onion with herring and dress it with vegetable oil. Mix it all up.
- Then put some filling on the edge of each pancake and roll it up. Cut each rolled pancake in two.
- You can serve the pancakes with herring at once. They are especially fine with vodka.