Potato Gnocchi in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Today, we have cooked potato gnocchi with a delicious fragrant cream and mushroom sauce.
This is a great idea for a tasty and nourishing lunch or dinner. Try it.
Ingredients for Potato Gnocchi in a Cream and Mushroom Sauce
- Potatoes: 3-4, about 500-600 grams.
- Flour: 350 gr. or a little more.
- Salt to taste.
For the sauce:
- Cream: 250-300 gr.
- Dried mushrooms (porcini): 50 gr.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tablespoons.
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling.
Recipe for Potato Gnocchi in a Cream and Mushroom Sauce
- First, boil potatoes in their skins until soft and peel them. Cook mashed potatoes.
- Place mashed potatoes on a cutting board, dusted with flour. Knead dough by gradually mixing the potatoes with flour.
- If the dough still sticks to hands, you need to add a little more flour. You should be careful not to make the dough too hard or too soft.
- Roll out the dough into thin long braids, about 1 cm thick.
- Sprinkle them with flour and cut into pieces with a knife, about 2 cm. long.
- Press each piece in the middle and to the board; pull it to yourself with a finger, thus creating a pit in the interior of the piece.
- Arrange the gnocchi on paper towels, sprinkled with flour to avoid sticking.
- For the sauce: soak the mushrooms in cold water, squeeze out water, chop and fry the mushrooms.
- Then add cream and stew the mixture for a few minutes.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water. They will be ready as soon as they rise to the surface.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and quickly place gnocchi in the hot sauce.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.