Potato is an important food all over the world. Potato croquette is very easy to cook. But they are so mouth-watering and rich! For this recipe, it is better to use starchy and mealy potatoes with white flesh. Croquette is a great dish for kids and seniors as it’s very soft and tender. Kids just love croquettes. You won’t even notice how they eat it up! We add to our croquette recipe a bit of nutmeg to enrich the flavor and two sorts of cheese – Parmesan and Mozzarella – which create even richer taste.
Ingredients for Potato Croquette
1.3-1.5 lb (600-700 g) potatoes
150 g Mozzarella
100 g Parmesan
A half of nutmeg
Vegetable oil and breadcrumbs
Salt to taste
Couple of parsley stalks
Recipe for Potato Croquette
- Boil unpeeled potatoes until soft.
- Let it cook in boiling water for 20-25 minutes and then stab a potato with a fork to check doneness.
- Let cool, peel and mash.
- Add 2 eggs, nutmeg and finely grated Parmesan into the mashed potatoes.
- Season with salt to taste and put some shredded parsley. Mix everything well.
- Cut Mozzarella into slim long slices.
- Dust serving plate with breadcrumbs.
- Take some mashed potatoes and form a small patty with your fingers. Put Mozzarella in the middle and then form rolls.
- Roll each croquette in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange all croquettes on a paper towel.
- Take deep frying pan or a thick-bottomed pot.
- Pour in vegetable oil enough for croquettes to float in it, or they may break apart while cooking.
- Fry croquettes 1-2 at a time, turning, so they are fried evenly on both sides until golden.
- Cook all croquettes this way, adding more oil if necessary.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Note: You can serve croquettes with pickled or raw vegetables, mushrooms and salads.