This is Meatballs or Zrazy is a meat dish originated in Poland and Ukraine. It is traditionally made from ground meat with some filling. For filling, they usually use potatoes or mushrooms. In our own recipe we used Mozzarella balls, soft Italian cheese.
Meatballs came out delicious as if stuffed with cream as cheese melts while frying.
If Mozzarella is not available, use any soft cheese. As for meat, it is preferable to mix beef and pork. That’d be great option.
Ingredients for Meatballs with Mozzarella
- Beef, pork, 1 lb each
- 2 onions
- 300 g Mozzarella
- Cooking oil for frying
Cooking Instructions for Meatballs with Mozzarella
- Grind meat with onion using a meat grinder.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Wet hands with cold water and form meat balls then press slightly to form patties.
- Place a Mozzarella ball in the middle of each patty and then fix the edges to form meat balls again.
- Roll in flour all meat balls and fry on both sides in enough quantity of cooking oil.
- Fry over medium heat on both sides for 5-6 minutes in total.
- Serve hot with vegetables and greens.