We wanted to experiment a little and find a new filling for bell pepper. Our fantasy carried us to this recipe of sweet peppers stuffed with tuna, carrot and eggplant. We enjoyed it very much. Stuffed peppers had exclusive delicate taste. Try this recipe and your family will be delighted with these tasty stuffed peppers.
Ingredients for Tuna Stuffed Bell Pepper
- 4 sweet peppers
- 250 g canned tuna
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 100 g tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop onion finely.
- Mash tuna with a fork.
- Coarsely grate carrot
- Dice eggplant finely.
- Cut peppers along and remove seeds.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté onion.
- Then stir in carrot and tomato sauce.
- Cook for 3 minutes and add eggplant. Simmer everything together for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add mashed tuna as you finish, mix everything, season with salt to taste and turn the heat off.
- Stuff the mixture into halves of peppers.
- Arrange on a baking sheet coated with olive oil.
- Stick the baking sheet into an oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes at the medium temperature.
- Garnish with carrot and greens. Serve hot.