Sheatfish is a predator fish having darkish and tasty flesh. Sheatfish dishes have a nice flavor and tender rich taste. Sheatfish marries well with sweet and sour cranberry sauce that makes the fish exceptionally succulent. Sheatfish is rich in phosphorus that improves brain function and enhances memory. Basically, fish is very nutritive food, providing a lot of biologically active substances that help us stay healthy.
Ingredients for Sheatfish
- 5.5 lb (2.5 kg) sheatfish
- Vegetable oil for frying, as much as needed
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce
- 4 tablespoons cranberry
- Saffron, basil, couple of leaves each
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Several parsley stalks
- 1 nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4-5 tablespoons cold extraction olive oil
- 100 ml water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Wash, scale and gut the fish; cut the head and tail off.
- Rinse in running water well. Slit the skin along the spine with a sharp knife and take it off.
- Fillet the fish carefully.
- Make the sauce using our recipe.
- Cut sheatfish fillet into medium pieces, roll them in flour and season with salt to taste.
- Pour oil in a frying pan and fry the fillet pieces on both sides until golden for about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve in portions and pour the cranberry sauce over.