Papaya and Shrimp Salad Recipe
Papaya is sweetish in taste and its aroma resembles that of water melon. Papaya is good not only in fruit salads. It goes well with veggies, seafood, ham and cheese, adding special and delicate note to any dish. The flesh of papaya contains amino acids and enzymes that improve all metabolic processes in our body. Papaya is also an excellent source of antioxidants – flavonoids. Papaya is good for digestion and for those who are watching their weight or want to have beautiful looking skin. Men can make this salad as a surprise for a romantic dinner.
Ingredients for Papaya and Shrimp Salad
- 1 papaya
- 2 oranges
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 parsley stalks
- 1 lb unshelled shrimp
- Cut papaya along and remove seeds.
- Scoop out flesh carefully, not damaging the skin.
- Dice papaya flesh finely.
- Peel oranges, remove membranes and dice finely.
- Shred garlic cloves and parsley.
- Peel shrimp.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic. Add parsley and then, In a minute, peeled shrimp.
- Fry shrimp no more than 2-3 minutes and turn the heat off.
- Now combine shrimp, oranges and papaya. Season with salt to taste and add two tablespoonfuls of olive oil. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Then, fill papaya skin with the salad and arrange on a serving plate nicely, garnishing as you wish. You can create a heart-shaped salad for romantic dinner.