Carrot and Olive Salad
We have already mentioned the health benefits of carrot. Developing the subject here we give the recipe of super-delicious and exquisite salad made almost entirely of carrot. It is worth noting that additionally to its excellent therapeutic properties carrot may prevent the formation of tumors among smokers. Substances found in carrots have been shown to protect against lung and pancreatic cancer. Beta-carotene can reduce and even stop the transformation of healthy cells into tumor ones. So it is important to include 3-4 carrots in your everyday diet.
Ingredients for Carrot and Olive Salad
- 400 g carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 200 g big, green olives
- 100 g black olives
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 garlic cloves
- Several parsley stalks
- Salt to taste
Recipe for Carrot and Olive Salad
- Rinse unpeeled carrots under running water.
- Put them in a pot. Add water just to cover the carrots.
- Boil over medium heat for 15 minutes. Check doneness with a fork. The carrot should be a bit firm.
- Take the carrots out of the water, let cool, and then peel.
- Slice carrots into large round pieces.
- Put in a salad bowl, add olive oil and vinegar, and stir everything thoroughly.
- Add finely chopped garlic, oregano, parsley and olives.
- Season with salt to taste, and stir well again.
- Now the salad is ready to be served.
Note: to preserve its beta-carotene content, don’t boil carrots for too long. It should be cooked “al dente”.