The world has a great number of different herbs and spices, which people have used to flavor food since ancient times.
They give dishes a richer flavor and a delicious smell.
Although different countries and different people have their special preferences, there is a universal set of spices, which go with certain dishes
For meat and poultry
- chili pepper, black, pink, allspice, marjoram, thyme, turmeric, onion, juniper, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, sage , basil, oregano, saffron, paprika, mint, mustard.
For fish and seafood
- ginger, bay leaf, white pepper, garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, red pepper, dill, thyme, lemon juice .
- paprika, sesame, cumin, onion, garlic, all kinds of hot peppers, mint, parsley, coriander, asafetida .
For stews and various sauces
- onion, garlic, parsley, basil, nutmeg, cloves, red pepper, ginger, turmeric, coriander, cumin, black pepper, allspice.
- red and black pepper, thyme, marjoram, nutmeg, ginger, chili pepper .
For salting and pickling vegetables, mushrooms
- black pepper, coriander, fennel, cloves, anise, cumin, mustard seeds, fennel, garlic, natural apple and grape vinegar, celery.
For fruits, compotes, jelly, jam
- cardamom, orange and lemon zest , mint, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, ginger .
- saffron, vanilla, cumin, orange and lemon zest, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, mint, ginger, cardamom, allspice, flax seeds, poppy seeds, anise, sesame.