Autumn is the season of chestnuts and persimmons. In Italy, according to tradition, on these days are everywhere Sagra – festivals, fairs and shows confectionary art dedicated these gifts southern nature. Late autumn is always pleased with fragrant delicious meals with chestnuts and sweet persimmons.
Delicious and easy to prepare, this is an wonderful autumn dessert with chestnut cream, juicy persimmon and crunchy almond cookies.
Ingredients for Chestnut Cream Dessert
- Boiled and peeled chestnuts: 100 gr.
- Butter 50 gr.
- Cane sugar: 80 gr.
- Powdered sugar: 2 tbsp
- 35% cream: 200 gr.
- Persimmons: 1-2
- Cookies: as you need.
Recipe for Chestnut Cream Dessert
- Melt butter with sugar on a frying pan, add the chestnuts, boiled and chopped. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then let it cool.
- Place the chestnuts into a blender and make a puree.
- Whip cold cream with powdered sugar.
- Mix gently the chestnut puree with whipped cream.
- Cookies prepare by recipe Almond Biscotti. Or take any other what you like.
- Put slices of persimmon mixed with chestnut cream and cookies into bowls.