The Recipe for Cantuccini with Pistachios
Dry italian biscuits, look more like crackers, known as cantucci or cantuccini. Traditionally, those biscuits usually baked with almond, although there are variants.
In Abruzzo they make them with hazelnuts, pistachios, raisin, air-cured cranberries.
Today we want to introduce you with the recipe yummy and fragrant pistachio cantuccini.
They are called – Cantuccini D’Abruzzo al Pistachios.
Ingredients for Cantuccini with Pistachios
- Flour: 250 gr.
- Sugar: 180 gr.
- Eggs: 2 + 1 Yolk.
- Butter: 50 g.
- Peeled pistachios: 120 gr.
- Finely grated zest of one lemon.
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt.
Recipe for Cantuccini with Pistachios
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt into a bowl.
- Make a hollow and pour in eggs whipped with sugar, add soft butter, zest.
- Piling up the flour from the edges, knead smooth dough.
- Add pistachios and give it a good mix-up.
- Form long narrow baguettes, smear them with yolk.
- Bake for 30 min. at 355 degrees F.
- Take baguettes out and, while warm, cut into pieces about half an inch wide (1,5-2 cm).
- Set into the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Store cantuccini in a closed dry box.