This recipe will help you bake thick and tender sponge wafers with lemon flavor that will go well with tea, coffee or milk with nutella for breakfast; also with berries and any sort of jam.
Ingredients for Lemon Wafers
- 0.3 lb flour
- 1 tablespoon starch
- 4 eggs
- 0.1 lb butter
- lemon peel
- 0.16 lb sugar
- a pinch of salt
- half a teaspoonful of soda slaked in a tablespoon of lemon juice
Recipe for Lemon Wafers
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Rub the yolks with sugar. Whip up the whites with salt.
- Mix flour with starch and lemon peel, add slaked soda.
- Add the rubbed yolks with melted butter, mix.
- Mix in the whipped whites carefully.
- Heat up the wafer maker and bake wafers until they are nicely golden, pouring in the dough quickly and evenly.