Chicken meat is soft and tender, it is not difficult to cook and you always get special dishes, even if you have but little cooking experience. Sage has a strong spicy taste, and you should measure it our carefully so it would not to kill the taste of meat and other ingredients. If everything is done right the chicken will taste really splendid and very harmonious.
Ingredients for Fried Chicken with Sage and Lemon
- 1 chicken
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander
- 5-6 whole black peppers
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- salt, oil for frying, flour for coating
- Wash the chicken, quarter it.
- Crush the sage finely. Squeeze lemon juice.
- Mash garlic cloves.
- Grind coriander and black peppers.
- Mix sage with coriander, garlic and pepper. Add salt and lemon juice. Mix it all together well. You’ll get flavorful mash.
- Spread this mixture over the chicken pieces and leave them for 30 minutes to let it soak in.
- Then roll the chicken in flour and fry it in oil in a deep pre-heated frying pan. Fry it over low heat for about 30-40 minutes. Cooking time depends on the chicken’s size. Serve it hot.