Orange jelly, aromatic and sunny, will leave no-one indifferent. It’s much better to prepare the jelly from fresh orange juice because packed juices exude toxic substances when heated. The amount of gelatin is estimated in accordance with the amount of liquid and you can usually find the information on the package.
Ingredients for Orange Jelly
- 0.85 pt or 2 glasses freshly squeezed orange juice
- juice of one lemon
- 0.2 pt or half a glass of water
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 12 gr leaf gelatin
- Cream for decoration
Recipe for Orange Jelly
- Take the peel off one orange using a fine grater.
- Pour some water into a pan, add sugar, peel and cinnamon. Bring to boil and take off heat. Let the syrup come to for about 20 minutes and strain it.
- Pour some cold water over gelatin for about 5 minutes and squeeze it dry.
- Pour orange and lemon juice into a pan, add syrup and gelatin.
- Warm up and stir until the gelatin gets dissolved completely. Don’t bring to boil.
- Pour the mixture into glasses and place in the fridge until it has congealed.
- When serving decorate with whipped cream.