Stuffed vine leaves (dolma) are rich and tasty dish, typical cuisine of the southern nations. Stuffed vine leaves supply many nutrients our body needs.
As a stuffing, meat, rice and vegetables work together to create a terrific taste. Thin vine leaves give the dish unique flavor.
Make them for a special occasion, or just add a twist to your everyday menu.
Ingredients for Stuffed Vine Leaves
- Minced meat (pork, beef): 500-600 gr.
- Brown rice: 200 gr.
- Carrot: 1-2.
- Tomato puree 1 cup.
- Onions: 2.
- Celery, parsley, mint, dill, olive oil, salt, pepper and other spices: all add to taste.
- Grape leaves: as needed.
- For the sauce: vegetable or meat broth, tomato puree.
Recipe of Stuffed Vine Leaves
- In a deep frying pan pour oil – the bottom should be covered, and a little more.
- Fry chopped onions, then add carrots, sauté together and then add the meat.
- Simmer a few minutes and add the tomato puree.
- After 2-3 minutes, add boiled until half-done brown rice, salt, spices and chopped herbs.
- Turn the heat off. Mix everything well. Try stuffing, and add what you think is missing. Bring a taste for perfection.
- If you have fresh vine leaves, cover them with hot salted water and let stand for 15 minutes. If you have pickled vine leaves, wash them.
- Place some stuffing on one half of each vine leave, roll up and fold the sides in.
- Take thick-bottomed pan. Line the bottom with vine leaves, place stuffed leaves in tight rows and cover with a layer of vine leaves.
- Pour in enough broth mixed with tomato puree to cover stuffed leaves. Press down with inverted plate.
- Cover up and simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream or yogurt.