https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/torta-pronto1.jpg 300 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2014-02-25 13:41:392014-06-25 11:30:24Charlotte Cake with Figs and Almonds
It’s a cake without baking, with the most delicate creamy mousse, nuts and candied fruits. Even a beginner can cook it.
By the way, it’s a good idea for a romantic candlelight dinner.
Ingredients for Charlotte Cake
- Cream cheese – Mascarpone or Philadelphia (or any other): 450 gr.
- Condensed milk: 1 cup
- Cream: 200 gr.
- White chocolate: 50 gr.
- Sugar: 2-3 tbsp
- Candied orange peel: 50 gr.
- Figs 5-6 + 2-3 for decoration.
- Handful of peeled almonds.
- Leaf gelatine 7-8 plates (14-16 gr.)
- Pavesini cookies (or Savoyardi).
Recipe for Charlotte Cake
- Lay out cookies at the bottom and sides of a springform pan, diameter 16 cm.
- Pour cold water over 5 tablespoons gelatin.
- Lightly brown the almonds on a dry frying pan, cut with a knife. Add chopped citrus rind and figs.
- Melt some chocolate. Add the cream with sugar and condensed milk. Bring to a boil, add gelatin.
- Turn off the heat and stir until complete dissolution of gelatin. Let it cool.
- Whisk the gelatin mixture with cream cheese.
- Add nuts and dried fruits.
- Place this mixture into the form. Put into the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Then remove the collar of the form. Decorate cake with figs halves, and enjoy.