This pie is made from shortcrust pastry and is very liked by both children and their parents.
You are free to choose any jam you like for this pie – apricot, bilberry, cherry. Here we decided to cook a strawberry pie, it is especially aromatic.
This pie is very tasty with tea and coffee.
The pastry is short and tender here, not too dry, because it becomes saturated with the jam while cooking.
It’s a very easy recipe, the pie is fast to prepare, you can always gladden yours with a very delicious dessert.
Ingredients for Strawberry Pie
150 g of butter,
150 g of sugar,
1 teaspoon of baking soda,
1 tablespoon of vinegar,
Salt to taste,
150 g of Strawberry jam,
250 g of flour.
Recipe of Strawberry Pie
- Soften the butter and rub it with sugar thoroughly.
- Beat eggs and add to the rubbed butter.
- Add a bit of salt and a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with a tablespoon of vinegar beforehand.
- Add flour and knead the pastry.
- Knead it very well and add as much flour as you need so that it doesn’t adhere to your hands.
And here’s a small secret: shortcrust pastry doesn’t like, when you knead it very long. You should knead it quickly and bake right after it. It shouldn’t take much time.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and lay the even layer of the pastry on it and leave some pastry to decorate the top of the pie.
- Mix strawberry jam with flour not to let it spread.
- Lay the prepared jam-flour mixture over the pastry and make it even over the entire pie surface.
- Place the pastry patterns over the jam, form some balls, or lines, or whatever patterns you like – everything to your taste.
- Place to the preheated oven and bake at 150-180 C degrees for about 20-30 minutes.
- When the entire pie browns, it’s ready.