All over the world lobsters are considered to be the best seafood delicacy thanks to the inimitable and delicious taste of their flesh. Though their flesh is scanty, it is incredibly tasty. Lobsters go best with different creamy sauces where you can add other seafoods, for example, tiger shrimps.
Ingredients for Lobster with Tiger Shrimps in Cream and Orange Sauce
- 1 lobster
- 1.5 lb tiger shrimps
- 0.4 pt cream
- 3-4 tablespoon cognac
- 1.8 oz butter
- 1 white onion
- 2 oranges
- white pepper, salt to taste
- Scissor the lobster along its pleon and take the flesh out of the shell.
- Peel the shrimps of their shells.
- Put the shrimps’ and the lobster’s shells, claws, and the lobster’s head into a pan, pour them with water just to cover them and boil.
- Squeeze everything and discard the head and the shells (don’t discard the claws, there is some flesh there). Pour the liquor into a cup, filter it. This broth made of crustacean shells and heads has a rich taste and is used for making sauces. It is full of very strong and wholesome antioxidants, for example, astaxanthin.
- Now we can get down to making sauce. Melt butter on a frying pan and add a finely cut onion.
- When the onion is translucent, add cream and simmer the onion for 2-3 minutes more. Then add juice squeezed from an orange.
- After 2-3 minutes add the shell broth and boil the sauce until it is creamy, then pour in some cognac.
- Put shrimps and lobster flesh into the sauce at once. Salt it and pepper to taste.
- 5-6 minutes more, and the dish is ready. You can serve it garnished with orange slices and herbs.