How to Make Pea Soup with Smoked Brisket
Soups made from dry pea come out especially rich. Their other common ingredient is smoked meat which makes for an exquisite taste. Pea soups are justly considered to be among the tastiest and the most wholesome soups.
Ingredients for Pea Soup with Smoked Brisket
- a glass of dry peas
- 2 potatoes
- 0.4 lb fat smoked hock or ham
- 0.6 lb smoked brisket
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes or 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Salt, pepper, bay leaf: to taste.
Recipe for Pea Soup with Smoked Brisket
- Let the peas soak in cold water for about 40-50 minutes and wash them. Peel potatoes and cut them up into cubes.
- Pour 1.5 cups (or 10 glasses) water into a pan, put in the peas and the potatoes. Boil on a low heat until they have boiled into a paste, it may take about an hour. If you wish, can make mash, with a blender.
- Cut the smoked meat into cubes and fry on low heat until they have turned light-brown crispy. Add onion and carrot cut into cubes and tomatoes, and stew for 5 minutes.
- Put the meat mixture into the pan with the pea and potatoes; salt and pepper. Boil on a low heat for about 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the soup come to for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the soup with chopped greens and pieces of dry bread and serve hot.