Beef Ribs Stewed with Cabbage
The Forbes magazine gives the list of the healthiest food on the planet, and beef is recognized as the best sort of meat for human health. Beef ribs stewed with cabbage and onion is a simple dish that enjoys popularity in the North of Italy and will make an excellent dinner or supper. If you add some saffron, the meat and the vegetables will acquire a delicate aroma and a reddish hue.
Ingredients for Beef Ribs Stewed with Cabbage
- 2.2 lb/1 kg beef ribs
- 1.3 – 1.8 lb/600 – 800 g fresh cabbage
- 4 onions
- saffron on the point of knife
- 4 – 5 tbsp olive oil
- Hatch the ribs into small pieces and wash them in running water.
- Chop the onions and the cabbage.
- Take a pan with a thick bottom, pour some oil and fry the onion until it is golden.
- Then put in the ribs and fry them with onion for about 10 minutes stirring them all the time.
- Make the heat very low, put the lid on and simmer for about 10 minutes more.
- Add the chopped cabbage, half a glass of water, salt to taste and continue simmering for 30-40 minutes on low heat. Put in saffron 5 minutes before the dish is ready.
- Serve the dish hot with fresh greens.