Pasta with Shellfish and Shrimp Recipe
Today we post a gourmet seafood recipe where we use large shrimp and bivalve mollusks Tellina.
These mollusks are also called Spisula or surf clam as they live in surf zones buried in the sea floor sand. The recipe also uses troccoli pasta. This is a hard wheat pasta that is not fattening.
That’s because any hard wheat pasta is a source of so-called complex carbs which are slower to be broken down into glucose. So your blood sugar levels don’t go up, meaning your body doesn’t store up fat. This pasta goes perfectly well with a light seafood sauce and makes the dream of delicious yet healthy dish come true.
If there is no troccoli pasta available, feel free to substitute it with spaghetti, but troccoli tastes more like a homemade noodles. Surf clam can be replaced with mussels. The taste of surf clam, however, is somewhat different, it is sweeter and richer.
Ingredients for Pasta with Shellfish and Shrimp
- 1 lb (500 g) Troccoli pasta
- 2 lbs surf clam (tellina)
- 250 g shrimp
- 0,5 zucchini
- 250 g tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Couple of parsley stalks
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) white dry wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, peppered olive oil or pepper
- Rinse surf clams in running water and place into a large pot.
- Put the pot on a stove without adding water. When the shells are open, drop in shrimp.
- Stir everything and heat for additional two minutes.
- Pull flesh of surf clams out of their shells.
- Save shrimp and surf clam leftover water in the pot and strain through a fine sieve. Use it later for sauce.
- Peel shrimp and cut into pieces.
- Shred garlic and parsley. Dice zucchini.
- Chop tomatoes finely.
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic and parsley for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in tomatoes, add the seafood leftover water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in wine, add zucchini and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Now add surf clams, shrimp, peppered olive oil or pepper. Cook until the sauce starts getting thick.
- Fill a large pot with 4 pints (2 liters) of water, add salt and bring to boil and cook troccoli.
- Drain through a colander.
- Put pasta on plates, top with the seafood sauce and garnish with greens.
- Serve hot.