Dietary chicken liver is just delicious in various salads. In our salad recipe, chicken liver goes perfectly well with two sorts of cheese – regular soft cheese and Italian Mozzarella and two sorts of olives – black and green. The recipe also features boiled carrot which health benefits, as new studies showed, are increased several times after thermal treatment. What enriches the taste of this taste is a dressing of lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. We made this salad for New Year party, shaping it into yellow bull which is the symbol of year 2009. This year is going to be promising for women and kids. You can garnish salad as you like, though. Here we offer you two variants of garnishing.
Ingredients for Salad with Chicken Liver and Cheese
- 1-1.2 lb (500-600g) chicken liver
- 100 g soft cheese
- 100 g Mozzarella
- Black and green olives, 100 g each sort
- 2 onions
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 carrots
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Juice from one lemon
- Boil liver with one onion cut in half and bay leaves for about 15 minutes.
- Remove liver from stock and let cool.
- Boil carrots and let cool, too.
- Chop onion finely.
- Chop olives finely and leave some olives whole.
- Dice liver finely.
- Coarsely grate carrots and cut some into long strips for garnishing.
- Chop Mozzarella and some of soft cheese finely. Cut out small rings for eyes, nose and ears out of cheese if you want to garnish this salad like a bull’s image.
- Combine all ingredients and dress the salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix everything well.
- Let stand for about an hour for better taste.
- Serve on a serving plate and garnish as you like.