How to Make Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice
Here is a marvelous dish of stuffed tomatoes baked in the oven. Vegetarians or people who do not eat milk cheese can take soy cheese instead.
Ingredients for Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice
- 8-10 Round large and dense tomato
- Rice: 100 g.
- Bunch of any greens – parsley, dill, cilantro.
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves.
- Mozzarella: 125 gr.
- Sheep’s cheese (feta cheese or any): 100 g.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Spices, Salt: to taste.
Recipe for Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice
- Boil rice until half ready.
- Take out the tomatoes’ pulp trying not to damage the walls.
- Turn the cut side down allowing juice to drain.
- Fry onion on a frying pan, add tomato pulp.
- Stew the sauce until it gets thick, add the greens.
- Mix the sauce with rice and grated cheese, spices, salt.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the filling.
- Smear a form with oil and put on the tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes.