The Recipe for Sicilian Orange Salad with Onion
They make a salad from oranges with onion in Sicily which may seem a fairly quaint recipe at first, but as soon as you try it you will see how harmonious its taste is. This orange salad can go as a separate dish as well as a light vitamin-rich garnish to grilled meat or fried sausages. It’s usually the Tropea red sweet onion that is used.
Ingredients for Sicilian Orange Salad
- 4-5 oranges
- red or white onion, or shallot
- a handful of olives
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper: to taste.
Recipe for Sicilian Orange Salad with Onion
- Peel the oranges, cut off the white skin and cut across into slices.
- Cut the onion into thin crescents.
- Mix oranges, onion and olives in a salad bowl, dress with olive oil mixed with salt and black pepper.
- Let the salad come to for about 15-20 minutes.