Chicken fillet has little fat and much protein. This sort of meat is rather dry, but if you prepare it in a coating of fine corn flour having dipped it into beaten-up eggs first, the fillet will be soft and tasty. A few spices will imbue the meat with a charming taste.
Ingredients for Chicken Fillet with Nutmeg and Spicy Herbs
- 1.2 lb chicken fillet
- 2 eggs
- 1 nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon mixture of Italian herbs
- corn flour as much as required
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- oil for frying, salt
- Cut the fillet into thin slices.
- Beat up eggs with the mixture of dry Italian herbs that includes rosemary, thyme, oregano. Add grated nutmeg, black pepper and salt.
- Dip the fillet slices into eggs, then roll them in corn flour and dip into eggs again.
- Fry the fillets on medium heat in a sufficient amount of oil, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lemon, tomatoes and leaf salad.