The Chimichurri sauce is a favorite with everybody who likes barbeque. It is for more than several hundred years that this sauce is used with grilled meat. There is nobody in Argentina and Uruguay who wouldn’t go crazy over this flavorful and piquant dressing. As one of legends has it, the sauce got its funny name from the name of an Irish soldier who fought for the freedom of Argentina and invented the sauce. His name was Jimmy Curry that sounded very much like chimichurri for the Argentinian ear. This recipe is the basic one which is augmented in different places with paprika, red chili or jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, laurel leaf.
Ingredients for Chimichurri Sauce
- a bunch of parsley
- 7-8 tablespoons olive oil Extra Virgin
- 2 garlic cloves
- half an white onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- white vinegar, black or red pepper, salt.
Recipe for Chimichurri Sauce
- Cut garlic, onion and parsley roughly and put in a blender.
- Add pepper, olive oil and grind up into a mash.
- Balance the taste with vinegar and salt, adding them to taste. If necessary, add a couple spoonfuls oil more.
- Put the sauce into the fridge for 2-3 hours, to achieve the perfect taste.
- Serve with roasted, grilled meat or poultry.