Clafouti is a tender and juicy baked pudding or a sort of pie with berries or fruits. It originates from France where they customarily make it with cherry. Originally, it was a rustic dessert baked in haste, during the harvest of cherries. Now this exquisite delicacy served even in expensive restaurants. Usually eat it with ice cream.
Our clafouti is a bit different, made without wheat flour, gluten-free. So it can eat even those with celiac disease.
Ingredients for Cherry Clafouti
- Cherries, pitted: 500g.
- Almond flour: 70 gr.
- Corn starch: 50 gr.
- Eggs: 4
- Sour cream or cream (can be creamy mascarpone cheese or Philadelphia): 50 g.
- Butter: 50 gr.
- Milk 100 ml.
- Sugar: 100 gr.
- Baking powder: 10 gr.
- Vanilla essence: a few drops.
- Pinch of salt.
Recipe for Cherry Clafouti
- Whip up eggs with sugar, add butter, milk and cream, whip until smooth.
- Add starch, baking powder, and almond flour, knead dough. Leave to come to for about 15 minutes.
- Choose a form so that you can place berries in one layer. Spread some parchment over the bottom of the form, smear with butter lavishly and sprinkle with a thickish layer of ground dry bread.
- Put in cherry and pour over with dough.
- Place in the oven pre-heated to 355 degrees for an hour. After about 30 minutes cover it up with a piece of foil so that the top won’t burn, and bake still about 20-25 minutes.