Do you want to be well-shaped and graceful? Eat runner beans then. It is a great dietary dish. And A and E vitamins it contains will make your skin beautiful and smooth. Cheese goes very well with them, it gives the dish a nutty taste with a note of mushrooms, makes it piquant and rich. We used some Italian Parmesan cheese and Swiss Emmentaler, but you can take any cheese that melts quickly. This dish won’t take you much time and effort.
Ingredients for Green Runner Bean with Cheese
- 1.3 lb/ 600 g green runner beans
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- some parsley stalks
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 0.3 lb/ 130 g Emmentaler cheese
- Sort out the runner beans, trim off the dry stems and wash them in running water.
- Boil some salted water in a big pan. Put runner beans into the boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and fry the finely chopped onion. Then add the cut parsley and in another minute – the runner beans. Put some more salt if it is needed. Stew the runner beans for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- When the bean becomes soft, add grated Parmesan cheese, mix and then press the surface slightly.
- Cover the beans over with thin slices of Emmentaler.
- Cover the frying pan and wait for about 2 minutes. When the cheese has melted, the dish is ready.
- Serve beans with cheese hot, with fresh slices of tomato.