The Recipe for Zucchini with Gorgonzola Cheese
The neutral zucchini taste goes well with that of the spicy, aromatic Italian blue-molded Gorgonzola cheese. This cheese has an original, mushroom-like flavor. The texture of the cheese is soft, so when you add it to warm zucchini, it will melt quickly. After some minutes the dish will be emitting luxuriously fantastic fragrance also due to fragrant green basil which is also used in it. The piquant taste of the dish will not disappoint you, and you may grow fond of the combination of vegetables and the blue cheese.
Ingredients for Zucchini with Gorgonzola Cheese
- 3 medium-size zucchini
- 0.4 lb/ 200 g Gorgonzola cheese
- some green basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 g olive oil
- salt to taste
- Wash the zucchini and cut them into thick round slices about 0.4-0.6 width (1-1,5 cm).
- Then scrape off the core of each slice with a small spoon, but don’t scrape through to the bottom. You’ll get small cup-like slices.
- Mash cheese with the finely chopped basil with a fork.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and fry the zucchini slices over medium heat on both sides.
- Then put the fried zucchini cups on a plate and salt to taste.
- While the zucchini cups are hot fill the holes with the mixture of cheese and basil. Wait for some minutes until the cheese has fully melted. This dish may be served hot or cold as an appetizer.