A fried chicken with a crispy crust is one of ever favorite homemade dishes. How can we fry it so as to make it delicious and not overdone? It is quite simple. An hour before you fry it spread a mixture of rosemary and clover with dry red wine over it. You will get fantastic fragrance, and the meat will be juicy.
Ingredients for Fried Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic
- One chicken (about 1.8 lb/800 g)
- A teaspoonful of dry rosemary
- Four garlic cloves
- A few tablespoonfuls of dry red wine
- Salt, white ground pepper
- Flour for breading
- Oil for frying
- Cut garlic finely, add salt, pepper, rosemary and rub it all to powder.
- After that add some wine and mix it well.
- Cut the chicken into two along the spine and spread the mixture over both halves inside and outside. Let it stay for an hour for better absorption.
- After that roll the chicken halves in flour. Dust off surplus flour that will burn during frying.
- Pour some oil into a deep frying-pan put in the chicken, pressing it down with something, and fry it on medium heat, turning it over now and then.
- Go by it’s appearance – when the chicken gets nicely brownish, it is ready. Actually it depends on the size, but as a rule the chicken is ready in about 40 minutes.