Meatballs are prepared from minced meat and are then stewed in sauce.
You get a nourishing dish pleasant for digestion. Such small meatballs are wonderful for children, they are soft and not heavy on the kid’s stomach.
They can be prepared with any garnish – rice, pasta, buckwheat or potatoes. We have prepared meatballs with potatoes. Such a dish can be easily prepared for the festive table as main course.
Ingredients for Meatballs
1 kg pork (the meat should not be too fat),
Salt to taste,
Black pepper to taste,
100 g long loaf crumb,
3-4 tablespoons milk,
Ingredients for the Sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste,
3 tablespoons adjika or any other sour-sweet sauce,
0,5 kg potato,
30 ml olive oil,
2 bay leaves.
Recipe of Meatballs
- Wash the meat, cut into middle pieces.
- Mince the meat together with onion.
- Soak the loaf crumb in milk and add to the minced meat.
- Mix two eggs with salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Add this mixture to the minced meat.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Form meatballs and roll them in meal.
- Fry in a pan till they become golden brown.
Preparation of the Sauce
- Fry minced onion and carrot.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and adjika.
- Stew everything for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, 200 ml water and the bay leaves, bring to boil. The sauce is ready.
- Place all the meatballs into a stew pan and cover with the sauce.
- Place potatoes cut into large pieces over them.
- Stew everything for 15-20 minutes till the potatoes are ready.
- That’s it! Serve the dish hot.