You can eat this vegetarian dish as a light dinner or an excellent side dish to fish or meat. Cooked this way pepper is sweet and amazingly tasty. One can often see this dish on the table of Italian families. Pepper’s sweet taste goes perfectly with piquant capers and olives’ slightly harsh taste in this recipe. Besides, the dish is very healthy because pepper is known to protect blood vessels from atherosclerosis.
Ingredients for Pepper with Capers and Olives
- 1.7 lb/ 800 g sweet peppers
- 0.1 lb/ 50 g di Gaete olives
- 1 tablespoon salty capers
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- some parsley stalks
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Brol peppers one by one until their skin gets black.
- Peel off the blackened skin, remove the seeds and dice the flesh into long slices.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and simmer the pepper for about 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- Cut olives into halves and remove stones.
- Chop capers and parsley finely.
- Add olives, capers and parsley into the pepper. Cover the frying pan and simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Then add breadcrumbs, salt to taste, mix and a minute later turn the heat off. You can eat this dish both hot and cold as an appetizer.