Our Own Recipe for Cuttlefish Sauce with Onion and Sweet Pepper
Spring is the season when cuttlefish keep close to the shore to lay eggs. This is when you can find cheap, fresh and tasty cuttlefish in shops. These cephalopods’ soft meat goes for many a delicious dish. Here is our own recipe for cuttlefish sauce.
Ingredients for cuttlefish sauce
- 2.2 lb cuttlefish
- 4 onions
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 tuft parsley
- 0.4 pt olive oil
- 7/8 cup white dry wine
- salt, white pepper
Recipe for cooking cuttlefish sauce
- Peel cuttlefish and cut the meat into stripes.
- Dice onion, pepper and parsley finely.
- Pour oil into a deep frying pan and fry the onion until translucent.
- Add pepper and fry it with onion for about 5 minutes.
- After that pour in half a glass of wine, put in the cuttlefish fillet, parsley, salt, white pepper. Cover up and simmer on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour in the rest of the wine and a little water, simmer for 10-15 minutes more uncovered.
- Serve the sauce hot with toasts or dry bread.