https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ingred-zuccini.jpg 399 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2010-05-28 12:10:162010-06-05 06:14:33Vegetable Marrows Stuffed with Rice and Shellfish
Rice and shellfish make an excellent stuffing for vegetable marrows. We had the kind of shellfish that is called surf clam, but mussels would do just as well. Round vegetable marrows are perfect for stuffing.
Ingredients for Vegetable Marrows Stuffed
- 4-5 vegetable marrows
- 0.4 lb rice
- 1.0 lb surf clam
- 1 tablespoonful Worcester sauce
- 0.4 pt white wine
- 3 garlic cloves
- 0,2 lb pureed tomatoes
- parsley, olive oil, salt
Recipe for Vegetable Marrows Stuffed
- Scoop out almost all of the vegetable marrows’ core.
- Boil rice until half-done.
- Pick the shellfish flesh out of the shells.
- Pour some olive oil into a deep frying-pan, fry finely cut garlic, add parsley, pureed tomatoes and finely chopped vegetable marrow core.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, then add shellfish flesh.
- In two minutes add Worcester sauce, wine, salt, simmer for 2-3 minutes more. Then turn the heat off, put shellfish and rice into the sauce, mix well.
- Stuff marrows with this mixture, put them in a pre-oiled mold and bake in the oven until they are ready.