Cream and chocolate mousse is soft, light and sweet, somewhat resembling ice-cream in taste. Although if you freeze it, you’ll get ice-cream. But this is good for summer. It is February now, it’s too cold for us to want cold food. Mousse is just right for any season.
Ingredients for Cream and Chocolate Mousse
- 0.6 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 cup 35% fat cream
- 0.2 lb black bitter chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 0.7 oz butter
- 0.3 lb sugar
- Beat up cooled cream with sugar, add ricotta and continue beating until you get puffy cream.
- Break up a chocolate bar and melt it. Add some cognac and a small piece of butter.
- Fill creamers, or big glasses, with the cream, a little more than half.
- Pour in some warm chocolate, then some cream and then chocolate again. Then dip a table spoon to the very bottom and turn it around lifting it upwards. You’ll get the beautiful twirled spiral like the one you see in our photo.
- You can place the mousse into the fridge for about 20 minutes if you wish. Sprinkle the mousse with chopped pistachios, not too salty ones, before serving.