https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/ingred.jpg 289 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2012-05-03 14:20:522012-05-03 14:25:26The Stuffed Mangold Leaves with Rice and Meat Recipe
Mangold (also known as chard or swiss chard), leaves are very soft, and when stuffed, they virtually melt in the mouth. If you cut the meat for stuffing with a knife instead of mincing it, you will get a noticeably tastier dish.
The ingredients for Stuffed Mangold Leaves
- 1 lb pork
- 2 carrots
- a stalk of celery, parsley
- 2 onions
- 0.2 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- dried spices – marjoram, black pepper, oregano, rosemary
- a glassful of rice
- about 1 lb mangold leaves
- olive oil, salt
The recipe for Chard Rolls with Rice and Meat
- Cut meat into small cubes.
- Pour some oil into a stewing pot, enough to cover the bottom. Fry the meat, add cut-up onion, celery and parsley.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, add roughly grated carrot.
- In a couple of minutes add tomato paste and tomatoes.
- Stew for about 4 minutes and then add a glass of rice. Stew for a couple of minutes more, then turn off the heat. Add all the spices and salt to taste.
- Wash the leaves in running water, cut off the rough central stalk.
- Place a teaspoonful of stuffing on the edge of each part of the leaf and roll it up. Stuff all the leaves in this way and place them tightly into a wide pan.
- Pour in 2 glasses of salted water.
- Boil for about 30 minutes on low heat, then turn off the heat and leave them to stand for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream or yoghurt.