Couscous is a kind of cereal that is very popular in Eastern counties. It is not grown in fields but made from semolina hard kinds of wheat in tiny balls. Couscous is cooked with various vegetables and meat, there are a number of sweet dishes as well. In Marocco they call all couscous salads tabule. Couscous salads are appreciated for tender tastes and low calorie content.
Ingredients for Oriental Couscous Salad
- 0.2 lb couscous
- 0.2 lb tomatoes
- a cucumber
- a few olives
- a bunch of parsley, a pair of mint leaves
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- olive oil, salt: to taste
Recipe for Oriental Couscous Salad
- Pour a glass of boiling water into couscous.
- Cut tomatoes, a cucumber and olives into small bits.
- Prepare dressing from mashed garlic with salt, chopped parsley, mint, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix couscous with vegetables and pour in the dressing.