Stuffed Pork Fillet
Pork fillet is the most tender meat. Try our amazingly tasty, soft and flavorful pork fillet recipe. This is one of the saltimbocca versions. We also used basil and saffron with its splendid smell that gets stronger while frying. We stuffed each fillet piece with cheese and uncooked smoked sausage which gave an additional zest to the meat and created rich taste.
Ingredients for Stuffed Pork Fillet
- 6 pieces pork fillet
- 6 thin slices uncooked smoked sausage
- 6 slices Dutch cheese
- Saffron and basil, 6 leaves each
- 1 tablespoons flavored olive oil
- Olive oil
- Pound pork fillet on both sides.
- Coat the fillet with peppered olive oil, salt and sprinkle with oregano.
- Wash basil and saffron leaves and pat dry with paper napkins.
- Roll meat slices in flour.
- Put a slice of sausage, a slice of cheese and a basil leaf on the middle of each meat slice.
- Fold up the meat slices to form a kind of pocket.
- Pin saffron leaves to the meat.
- Spear the meat with a toothpick almost all the way through, fixing both parts.
- Pour enough olive oil into a frying pan and heat well.
- Put meat slices into pre-heated frying pan. Put saffron side down first to give the meat a special zest.
- Cover and fry for 2-3 minutes on both sides over medium heat until nicely brown.
- Serve hot with cucumbers and fried potatoes.