How to Make Baked Cheese
A very tasty dish made from different sorts of cheese is served in one restaurant in Italy, in the Abruzzo region. Cheese is baked in a refractory form until it is semi liquid and covered with a nice golden crust. It is served straightaway without even taking it out of the form. There is nothing tastier in the whole world. The soft mush melts in your mouth and the taste is very rich. We tried to make a dish like that.
Ingredients for Baked Cheese
- 0.4 lb fresh mozzarella
- 0.4 lb smoked mozzarella
- 0.1 lb parmesan
- 0.1 lb ricotta
- 0.1 lb Emmentaler cheese
- Cut fresh and smoked mozzarella into thin slices.
- Grate parmesan and Emmentaler.
- Mix the grated parmesan and Emmentaler with ricotta to get a creamy mixture.
- Put smoked mozzarella slices into a refractory form covering its bottom.
- Spread the crushed cheese mixture over mozzarella slices.
- Put fresh mozzarella slices on the mixture evenly. Top it with smoked mozzarella slices.
- It is advisable to fill the form two thirds as cheese will be melting and bubbling while cooking.
- Put the form in an oven for about 20 minutes. The temperature should be 320-360 degrees.
- Cheese should melt well inside and acquire a nice golden crust.
- Serve the baked cheese hot with fresh bread or toasts.