Ricotta Cake with Dried Apricots
This cake resembles cheesecake which is delicious, dense, and tender inside. It is prepared according to our homemade recipes that have been used for many years.
The method of preparation is very simple. Beating is not needed. You just need to mix the products and wait for the result.
By the way, we make vanilla sugar by ourselves. Buy vanilla pods and grind them together with sugar in a coffee grinder. You will get powdered sugar with a great flavor that goes beyond any comparison with chemical vanillin.
Ingredients for Ricotta cake with Dried Apricots
- Flour: 50 g.
- Semola: 100 gr.
- Sugar: 100 gr.
- Ricotta: 550 gr.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 3 tablespoons.
- Yogurt: 100 gr.
- Eggs: 4
- Melted butter: 100 gr.
- A pinch of salt.
- Dried apricots: 12-15 pcs.
- Candied orange peel, in small pieces: 30-40 gr.
- Vanilla sugar: 1 tsp
- Liquid honey: 2-3 tablespoons.
Recipe for Ricotta cake with Dried Apricots
- Mix all the ingredients except the dried apricots and honey. Leave this mass in the refrigerator for one hour.
- At the bottom of the form to put the parchment. Place the dough into a mold; put the apricots on top of it, plunging them into the dough.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, at 170C. Leave it in the oven to cool down.
- The cooled pie should be pierced with a fork in several places and sprinkled with honey.
- When honey is absorbed, you can still sprinkle top with powdered sugar.