Fruit Compote with Dried Apricots
Compote – is stewed fruit in fragrant and thick syrup.
It is recommended for breakfast with pancakes, biscuits, ice cream, waffles, cookies and granola.
Such stewed assorted fruit are very useful for children.
Any fruit that you have can be good for compote. You can mix fresh and dry fruit, add spices and seasonings to taste.
Ingredients for Fruit Compote with Dried Apricots
- Dried apricots: 100 gr.
- Raisins: 50 gr.
- Goji berries: 30 g.
- Apple: 1.
- Pear: 1.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Fresh grated ginger: 1 tbsp.
- A pinch of cinnamon.
- Add sugar to taste, or about 1-2 tablespoons. If your fruits ripe and sweet, it is possible cook compote without sugar, or just take a pinch.
- Water: 3-4 tablespoons
Recipe for Fruit Compote with Dried Apricots
- Wash all fruit in running water. Cut apple and pear into cubes.
- Put all the fruit in a saucepan, add sugar and water.
- Cover and simmer fruit on low heat until soft.
- At the end, open the lid and let excess moisture evaporate, bringing the compote to thick consistency.
- Serve hot or cold, depending on preferences and the season.