Apple Strudel with Almonds and Banana
We continue playing with filo dough and experimenting with the stuffing.
This time, instead of crackers, which are sprinkled over the dough before spreading the stuffing, we took ground almonds.
It coped well with the task of absorbing excess moisture and gave a more rich flavor to the stuffing. The dough did not soak, and the juice did not flow out during baking. The crust remained crispy and the filling – juicy.
Ingredients for Apple Strudel with Banana
- Filo dough, which you can buy, but we are preparing it by this Recipe.
- Apples: 1 kg.
- Bananas: 1-2
- Ground almonds.
- Sugar: to taste, depending on the sweetness of apples.
- Melted butter for greasing the dough and strudel during baking: about 100 gr.
Recipe for Apple Strudel with Banana
- Roll out the dough thinly and stretch it as much as possible. The thinner the dough stretch, the tastier will strudel.
- Spread melted butter generously over the surface with a brush.
- Sprinkle with ground almonds. Spread apples and bananas, diced. Sprinkle sugar on top and a little more almond.
- In order for the strudel not to crack during baking, leave the dough without filling on one edge so that when you roll the dough, the top layer will be double.
- Roll the dough.
- Put the roll onto an oiled baking sheet, seam side down. Spread melted butter on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 140C and bake another 30-40 minutes. During baking strudel need 2-3 times to grease with butter.
- Cooled strudel sprinkle with powdered sugar.