Russians just love pancakes. And they have different pancakes recipes. There are thick yeast pancakes and very thin milk pancakes without yeast. You can have them with a variety of fillings. Pancakes can be served as the main dish or can be a dessert. Try this recipe for thin non-yeast pancakes with cottage cheese and cherry jam. This is a terrific dessert. Optionally, you can use sour cream with sugar or whipped cream as a topping.
Ingredients for Pancakes
1 cup (200 g) flour
1 cup (200 ml) milk
Salt and sugar to taste
Pinch of baking soda.
Ingredients for Filling
300 g fat cottage cheese
150 g cherry jam
Sugar to taste
Vanilla to taste
Recipe of Pancakes with Cherry
- Break two eggs into a bowl.
- Pour a cup of milk.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Then add flour, baking soda and a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Whisk everything thoroughly until a smooth batter.
- Heat frying pan well (cast-iron pan will be the best option) and coat with oil.
- Add a ladle of the batter and move the mixture around to spread batter evenly over the pan. One ladle of the batter makes one pancake.
- Make pancakes over high heat and cook each side for about 1-2 minutes.
- Cook until brown.
- For filling, mix cottage cheese, sugar and vanilla well.
- Take cherries out of syrup.
- Place cherries along one half of pancake.
- Now put cottage cheese on top of cherries.
- Roll pancakes up.
- Then cut each roll into 4-5 pieces.
- Place on a serving plate, garnish with cherries and serve. This recipe serves 4-5 pancakes.