Napa cabbage is a good source of essential amino acid, lysine. This acid helps cleanse the blood, strengthens the immune system and contributes to longevity. All vitamins – including vitamin C that is the first to perish – stay preserved in napa cabbage during storage period. Besides, it is very juicy and soft. Try our vitamin rich napa cabbage, shrimp and sweet pepper salad dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.
Ingredients for Napa Cabbage Salad
- 4 leaves napa cabbage
- 1 large sweet pepper
- 2 onions
- 300 g shelled shrimp
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash cabbage leaves, pat dry with paper towel, and slice thinly.
- Wash the pepper, remove seeds and cut into stripes.
- Cut onion into thin half-slices.
- Dip the shrimp into boiling water and then drain water through a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine napa cabbage, pepper, onion and shrimp.
- Dress with olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt to taste.
- Serve on a serving plate or in portions, garnishing with lemon slices.