Do you want to impress your guests with an unusual dish? Prepare cocktail salad with kiwano. We can say for sure that it will be approved by your guests and will become a real hit.
Kiwano is a tropical fruit with fresh cucumber flavor, a bit of sourness and slight banana flavor. It goes well with seafood. Its horned skin serves as a cup, and the juicy pulp – as a sauce.
Ingredients for Seafood Cocktail Salad
- Kiwano 1
- A mix of seafood (mussels, shrimp, squid, octopus): about 350 gr.
- Handful of arugula (rucola).
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Extra virgin olive oil: 4 tablespoons
- Salt and black pepper.
Recipe for Seafood Cocktail Salad
- Cut the kiwano in halves; scrape the pulp with a spoon. Mash it well with a fork; add salt, 2 tbsp. of olive oil and pepper. This is the salad dressing.
- Pour a few tablespoons of oil into a saucepan, and fry a garlic clove.
- Then add parsley and seafood cocktail. Lightly season with salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Place a little arugula and the seafood cocktail into each half of the kiwano and season with the pulp sauce.
- Serve cold and enjoy, washing down with light white wine.