Melon and ham is a mouth-watering appetizer that Europeans eat in summer. It might seem that the ingredients are incompatible. The combination, however, comes out delicious. You can find it on the appetizer menu at best Italian restaurants but you can also make it at home and enjoy the unexpected combination of sweet and flavorous melon and a lip-smacking Parma ham. Parma ham is prized high worldwide because it contains no artificial preservatives or additives and is produced using just salt and melted lard. The ham ages in an airy place for at least 12 months. It takes 26 pounds (12 kg) of raw ham to produce about 15 pounds (7 kg) of dry-cured Parma ham. This ham is regarded as a dietary product food because it is low in calories. The ham is sliced very thin and just melts in your mouth. And it is amazingly good with melon.
Ingredients for Melon with Ham
3 lb (1.5 kg) melon
300 g Parma ham slices
6-10 Turin breadsticks (grissine)
Recipe of Melon with Ham
- Use fresh and cool melon. Wash the melon. Peel and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut along into thin slices.
- Arrange on round serving plate.
- Curl the ham slices into a flower shape and place them in between the melon.
- Wrap the breadsticks in ham slices and arrange on the plate nicely.
Note: If desired, cut the melon into smaller pieces and wrap each peace in ham.